POEM: Oxycontin


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



by Rosana Garcia

The door is locked, the tools laid out.
Suck the coating off, it costs you time.
Crush with heavy object, into powder.
Line it up with a credit card or ID.
Roll up a dollar bill or use a straw.
Breathe in and in and in. Wait.

It’ll blur and drip like cough medicine
in the back of your throat. It’ll make
you: forget, float, tune out, glaze over,
paralyzed, gone, imcomprehensible, hurt
in the morning. It doesn’t erase tears,
only saves them for when the day has come.

He taught me how and when he said,
“It’s over,” he gave me 30 milligrams.
Then I sat and let the pain exit, go.
It always returns, but this moment
I cannot handle. I will put it off,
until tomorrow, when the day has come.

(c) 2006 understar productions and Rosana Garcia


0 Responses to “POEM: Oxycontin”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Starry Saltwater Rose
  • From New Haven, Connecticut, United States
  • My profile

Poetry


Dreams Series
My Body Speaks
Happy Moment on a Sad Friday
Gas Station Coffee
Unravel
Homesick (Puerto Rican Man)
Mabon
Looking for Safety
Oxycontin
Saxophone into the Almost Summer
Sorceress
Water Dreams
More (for Lenny)
The Little That I Get
For the Spring Season

Stories

Plays


8 Pomegranate Seeds
I'll Guard the Door

Essays

Projects


Citywide Open Studios 2007

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3