POEM: Unravel


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



by Rosana Garcia

You unravel me as your eyes undress me.
You whisper and the breath of it blooms
warmth on my neck, my spine, my skin.
I fight, resist, push you away, but I don't
want you to stop. You tempt me skillfully:
a finger traced secretively on my wrist,
a kiss to the cheek lingering a little long
a lustful gaze, slipping up, down, inward,
a promise of something better, more than I
have ever had. You know my weaknesses,
take advantage of ever yone: your words
are bits of poetry in Spanish, that musical
language of my homeland, you lead me
through a slow salsa dance, your eyes burn
with magical power, movements gracefully
suggesting the smoothness of other, more
intimate movements. You unravel me and
one day I will no longer be able to say no.

(c) 2007 understar productions and Rosana Garcia

See my visual poetry piece for this poem here.


0 Responses to “POEM: Unravel”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Starry Saltwater Rose
  • From New Haven, Connecticut, United States
  • My profile

Poetry


Dreams Series
My Body Speaks
Happy Moment on a Sad Friday
Gas Station Coffee
Unravel
Homesick (Puerto Rican Man)
Mabon
Looking for Safety
Oxycontin
Saxophone into the Almost Summer
Sorceress
Water Dreams
More (for Lenny)
The Little That I Get
For the Spring Season

Stories

Plays


8 Pomegranate Seeds
I'll Guard the Door

Essays

Projects


Citywide Open Studios 2007

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3