POEM: Water Dreams


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



by Rosana Garcia

Water dreams of its journeys, its dirty secrets,
its mystical creatures no one believes exist.
Water rises in the heat and maybe it’s the beauty
of the stars it sees that far up that makes it fall,
tear-like, from God’s face. Or maybe it just misses
its riverbeds and salty oceans. I dream in water,
suspended in a clarity that no one but mermaids
have the breath to bear. Sex is a water dream,
as is birth and death. I want to be put out to sea
when I die, to float outward and upward into
a crystalline vision of the next life I will live.

(c) 2006 understar productions and Rosana Garcia


0 Responses to “POEM: Water Dreams”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Starry Saltwater Rose
  • From New Haven, Connecticut, United States
  • My profile

Poetry


Dreams Series
My Body Speaks
Happy Moment on a Sad Friday
Gas Station Coffee
Unravel
Homesick (Puerto Rican Man)
Mabon
Looking for Safety
Oxycontin
Saxophone into the Almost Summer
Sorceress
Water Dreams
More (for Lenny)
The Little That I Get
For the Spring Season

Stories

Plays


8 Pomegranate Seeds
I'll Guard the Door

Essays

Projects


Citywide Open Studios 2007

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3